Wednesday 20 December 2017

Gone Too Soon

Friends mourn bride-to-be who died in her sleep

A young bride-to-be has thrown her friends and family into mourning after she died in her sleep a few months before her wedding.

Friends and family members of Joy Chinonye Nnokam, a young bride-to-be whose wedding was scheduled to hold early next year, have been thrown into shock and mourning after she reportedly died in her sleep on Sunday, December 10, 2017.

According to some of the grief-stricken friends who posted the sad news on Facebook, Nnokam had returned from church on the day of the incident and after having lunch with her family members, she went to bed for a nap but never woke up.
The friends who have been lamenting her early demise, said Nnokam was a very friendly, kind and industrious young woman who had her life mapped out but did not live long enough to fulfil her dreams.
ALSO READ"Double Tragedy: Mother, daughter die in accident while shopping for wedding"
One of such friends, Pretty King, penned this glowing tribute to the deceased:
"Chai!!! I can't believe am really writing a tribute to Joy Chinonye Nnokam. Hey!!! Knowing you was the best thing that has ever happened me. A friend like no other; a friend with a good heart.You were one of those who made me want to come back to Port Harcourt. We chatted just last Friday; we did a video call and I even told you that I was missing you. We planned on seeing next year but you never waited.
Having you around me was all I ever wanted. She could apologize for every little offence whether she was right or wrong. She hardly frowned, hard-working, dedicated to the core.
Nonye, we were planning your wedding come next year. What happens to our plans? You went to church yesterday like every other worshipper; you danced and sang worship songs in church, little did you know it was your last.
You went home, had your last lunch and spoke with your family before your demise. You wanted to have just a nap but unknown to you, that you will take a long journey to the world beyond.

ALSO READ"Heartbreaking: Tears as woman dies during childbirth 18 days after wedding"I even saw you online a few minutes before your departure. Nonye, I wish this is not true. I wish it is just a rumour. I won't mind if your enemies framed the story. Death, what on earth is your problem?
My friend turned sister lying helplessly in the mortuary! God have mercy. Please, God, console us all because this news is too painful.
Adieu, my friend. Adieu black beauty, Adieu my boo, RIP
."May her soul rest in peace.

No comments: